Monday, February 7, 2011

There are many telescopes down which science is churlishly disinclined to peer

Class notes April 21, 2010
by K. Titchenell - Tuesday, 20 April 2010, 09:23 AM
Dear Scholars,

A number of works were handed in this week:
Angela's Insanity,
Derek's English Class, and poem about Through the Looking Glass and What Alice found There, and his revision of The Narwhal and the Bartender.

I mentioned last week the journal editing work I was doing and Derek asked to see it. I don't have permission from that client to share her work, so I posted an article I did some time ago which the author did give me permission to share: It is posted in our site: Lurking Behavior. We could look at it a bit though I expect that boredom would preclude a longer study.

Has everyone listened to The Death of Criticism? Do you have any thoughts on it? Would you like to have more lectures of this sort?

I encountered two rather interesting quotes this week. Perhaps they would serve as good essay prompts. Do they inspire you?

  1. "There are many telescopes down which science is churlishly disinclined to peer." -- Eagleton.
  2. "Intelligence is a lethal mutation." -- Chomsky.
Let's think about writing on these (or something else).

No comments:

Post a Comment